Friday, June 3, 2011

Monogram Purse Box with Matching Cards and Envelopes

Today, I want to share with you my design project for Creative Critterz Imaginations Blog.
I just bought the new Theresa Collin’s Baby Boutique Imagine Cartridge and I could not be happier! It is a must buy!

I love monograms and thought it would be fun to make a cute gift set for my mother-in-law. Her last name starts with a K and lucky for me, this cartridge comes with an entire alphabet. Yahoo!


The purse is from the Forever Young cartridge and is on page 70. It is cut at fit-to-page and flood filled with paper from the Baby Boutique cartridge. The monogram is on page 20 and cut at 2.8 inches. I did not cut the layers, but next time I will! I added a couple of black rhinestones, ribbon and pop dotted the monogram.

As part of the gift, I plan to include 4 cards with matching envelopes. Too cute!
The cards measure 3 inches x 3 inches. I flood filled a 2.9 inch square and a 2.8 inch square with papers to match. Lastly, I added ribbon and pop dotted a 2.5 inch monogram with black rhinestones to each card.

Just in case you want to make your own 3 x 3 inch envelopes and liners, the measurements are below. For additional assembly information you may want to view my video on how to make envelopes and liners using both the original Scor-Pal and the Martha Stewart Score Board.

Cut one piece of paper 7-7/8 x 5-1/4 inches. With 4-1/4 inch side going along the top on the board…score each side at the one inch mark. Turn paper so the 7-7/8 inch side is along the top and score at 2 and 5-1/4 inches. Cut one piece of paper 3 x 4 inches for the liner. I rounded all corners.

Recipe:
Theresa Collin’s Baby Boutique Imagine Cartridge
Forever Young Cricut Cartridge
Adhesive and pop-dots
Ribbon and rhinestones from my stash
White card stock for the 3 inch x 3 inch cards

Thanks for visiting and have a great weekend!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

these are absolutely beautiful!!
these would make a nice idea for my soon to be wedding theme! love it

Tina said...

wow these are beautiful...


Tina

Judy said...

Very cute I love monograms too!
Have a great weekend.
Judy

ScrapCrazyyyy! said...

Beautiful project...guess I need that cart too!

JustYolie said...

Need ideas for Pay It Forward gifts, the first place my fingers run to is your blog! They were right, this is a perfect idea for my Pay It Forward gift! Thank you Linda for the inspiration!

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Love it, Linda! This would be a nice teacher gift!

Glenda said...

Love the mini cards and the purse is adorable. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Linda this is a perfect gift idea. I am off to buy this cart. Love it.

Devon

Anonymous said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!!! love it <3

Janette S. said...

Thank you for such a cute and fun idea using the Imagine! I love all Imagine projects; also thanks for the quick tutorial on the envelopes!

Crafting Katie said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Linda! I needed an idea for a little gift for my two room moms, and this is JUST PERFECT! So gorgeous! They will love them!

Linda Kaiser said...

Congrats Jasmine!!

Linda

Linda Kaiser said...

Thanks all for your nice comments!

Linda

Sandy from Ukiah said...

what a cute idea Linda.. thank you for sharing.

Unknown said...

I must tell you every now and then I see a project and I HAVE to buy the cartridge to make the project. Sometimes I can make do, but sometimes you just HAVE to have that exact cartridge. THIS project SELLS the cartridge....seriously! I am obsessing about buying this cartridge now!

Kim H said...

Linda,
I just had to see where Katie got her inspiration... Oh again these are just gorgeous! I again am so glad I am getting this cartridge! Beautifully done!

Hank hendricks said...

I really need an idea for my
Gift Card envelopes ..here i find it..thanks for sharing.

Total Pageviews

 
--------- ----------