Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Silhouette Studio Tips- Change Perforated Score Lines to Smooth Fold Lines

I have to admit I have a love hate relationship with the perforated score lines that are on so many of the cut files. I love the convenience, but I don’t always like the finished look. I usually end up hand scoring a lot of my projects. Thanks to my friends at the Silhouette Plus message board, I discovered a technique that lets me change the way the perforated score lines work. With this technique they come out looking smoother. In the video, I demonstrate how to use this technique with Studio files and files from SVG Cuts and A Little Hut. It takes a little experimenting, but is so worth it!



Video Update: I mentioned in my video that you need to change the line thickness to zero when using SVG Cuts files. Leo from SVG Cuts just emailed me to let me know that you do not need to change the line thickness for their files. I learn something new every day! Thanks Leo for all your great files and for making it so easy to use your files with the Cameo!

Thanks for visiting and please stop back on Friday. I have a quick and easy Christmas wreath to share with you. And I mean quick!!

10 comments:

Donna said...

Thank you, thank you Linda. Will be trying this out very soon. Great video.

Donna
goCricutgo

Linda Kaiser said...

Thanks Donna!

Betsy said...

Thanks for the video. Lindas Good hint! I bought the ring box file so now I'll need to make it!

pak said...

Thank you, great tips!

Barb said...

great tips thanks

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Cool trick, Linda! TFS!

The Relative Detective said...

Great video! I look forward to trying out your technique. Thanks so much for making this video and explaining everything so well.

cricaholic said...

GEEZ!! Your a lifesaver!!! I've been ungrouping everything and clicking on each of the score marks and then selecting no cut....very time consuming....urgh...but your video SAVES THE DAY!!! Super GREAT!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

Crafting Katie said...

I finally had time to sit down and watch your video, and I loved it, Linda! This is such a great idea! I never cut the score lines because I don't like the look of them, but this will make things much easier! Funny, because I've used this technique for the E2, but never thought to transfer it to the Cameo, LOL!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I so love watching your videos Linda.. I have bookmarked you (again, I keep losing you :-). Hoping I can find you again.. Wonderful tip. I saw somewhere (but of course I can't find it) where you were telling how to cut without getting all the white area around the cut.. Hoping to find that again.
Sandy

Total Pageviews

 
--------- ----------