Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Steampunk Album and How to Make a Binding Using Duct Tape

I am beyond thrilled to share this amazing album made by my sister Di!  There are 69 places for photos or for journaling and it took my sister 12 days to complete this gorgeous book that measures 8 x 28 inches when fully opened.


The book is gatefold style (opens from both sides) and has a very intricate binding system and amazing pockets. It even has a waterfall card and much more! It was impossible to take photos that showed all of her amazing details so I decided to show you the entire book in the following video. Also included on the video is a quick demo of how to make a basic binding using duct tape. Next time my sister comes for a visit we will make a detailed video on how she made this incredible book.


The camera lens is really a mini book. Wow! Most of the papers are from the Graphic 45 Steampunk Debutante collection and DCWV La Crème collection. In addition, she used several free graphics from GraphicFairy.com and Tim Holtz Idea-ology elements. This is only a one page, sneak peek from her amazing book. You won't believe how many hidden pages there are in this book. Be sure to watch the video below to see the entire project, including how to make a basic binding using duct tape. You will love her book!



A special thanks to my sister for sharing her amazing work with me. Also my sister would like to give a special shout out to Cynthialoowho’s YouTube channel for her video on how to make a binding using duct tape! Also a special thanks to Anne from Annes Papercreations for all her inspiration!

Have a great day.

Linda

20 comments:

Crafting Katie said...

Wow! This is beautiful! Talent runs in your family!!!

valerie said...

This is an amazing project. What a talented family!

Debbie J said...

This is a beautiful album! The love that went into it is priceless.

Sandi said...

wow linda, gorgeous creation, hugs

Donna said...

OMG what a fabulous album your sister made!!! Will look forward to the video you make when she comes. Thanks for sharing.

Donna
goCricutgo

Lucia Gonzalez said...

Wow Linda congrats your sister, she's very talented too, its in the family. Tks for sharing her beautiful work and tks for showing us how to bind with duct tape. Now I learned jiji

Anonymous said...

Her album is beautiful. Your sister is mega talented. I am on my way to the store to buy Duck tape. Megan


Linda Kaiser said...

Thank you for all the nice comments and a special thanks to my very talented sister! Stay tuned there is more to come....

Linda

Anonymous said...

I love Steampunk! This book is amazing!

Kelly

MizMaryAnn said...

Your sisters album is breathtaking. I have never seen a book more stunning. I can hardly wait to see the video you two will make.

char52 said...

Wow this album is beyond amazing... such detail!

Carrie K said...

The album your sister made is AWESOME!!! Wow! I love books like that! I especially LOVE the waterfall page!

wwilloww said...

Wow that album is incredible!!! It is so filled with terrific tidbits, large and small. It is like opening presents each time you turn a page. What a magnificent gift!!! I can't wait to see the video the two of you make!!!

Anonymous said...

This is so cool! I love it that your sister crafts too. I recently got my sis into it. Sometimes we're up all night!

Kimberly said...

I absolutely love this album. Making albums are a new found interest and can't wait to make my first. I love the waterfall card inside. Have you created any videos on this technique? I will be sure to stay tuned for to see the video with you sister. Best!

Luv 2 Create said...

This is one of the most gorgeous Mini Albums I have seen. Your sister is incredibly talented. Have never tried a duct tape binding, but now that I have seen how gorgeous and durable it is, I am sure this will soon become a favorite. Can't wait to see your sisters tutorial on how she combined two together for the larger albums. g45 collections are just fabulous in my book, and steam punk debutante was a favorite of mine. It's a shame it is no longer available.
How wonderful that the two of you have the same interest and artistic abilities to share.
Hugs,
Marcie

doodlingdebbie said...

Wowwy kazowy! your sister knocked album creation out of the ball park. Her album is fabulous!! Thank you for sharing.

Kris said...

Yay! I have been hearing about this amazing album every time I talked to Mandy on the phone, so getting to see it was so cool! Hope all is well, Linda! :)

Sophia said...

This is a beautiful project i would love to make my own. In your video you mentioned your sister was going to make another video showing actually how to make it. I have looked everywhere and can't find the video i was wondering if you could share it with me?

Unknown said...

Dear Miss Linda,

By accident, and happily so, I stumbled across one of your youtube videos and quickly subscribed to it. I also am following you on FB and subscribing to your youtube page along with subscribing to you personal Paper Boutique blog. I enjoy all your crafts ideas but there is one that stood out significantly. So much so, in fact, that I shared it on my FB page and with my scrapbook friends. It was an older video and on your Blog page it shows that you posted it either on the 29th or 30th of January 2013. The youtube video was of a tutorial of: How To Make A Binding Using Duct Tape and it was on a Steampunk album that your sister had made for you. I have seen quite a few albums on youtube so far, but the one your sister made, well I just can't get it out of my head. I'm a scrapbooker as well and was so inspired by it that I couldn't wait to learn how to make it. You mention in the video that at some point your sister would illustrate her techniques and how she created it. However, I have yet to find the video. I was wondering if you had posted it somewhere and perhaps I am just looking in the wrong place? Would you let me know where I may find the tutorial for it? Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and I look forward to learning more about your wonderful creations. Thank you so much for taking the time to share what your sister made and please extend my gratitude to her as well.

Warmest Regards,

Debbee Johnson

P.S. Incidentally, a few people, besides myself have expressed great interest in this project so it must be pretty popular :) I have private messaged you via your Facebook page

Total Pageviews

 
--------- ----------